To promote this year’s Shark Week, Discovery has rather fittingly roped in the King of Atlantis himself. Summer’s most-anticipated programming event, Discovery Channel’s Shark Week, will return for its historic 35th year with Jason Momoa joining as host.
Momoa, who is dedicated to protecting and preserving our oceans, will guide fans through the biggest annual celebration of sharks. Kathleen Finch, Chairman and Chief Content Officer, US Networks Group, Warner Bros. Discovery made the announcement on May 17 during the company’s 2023 Upfront presentation at Madison Square Garden in New York City.
“As the host of Shark Week, I am beyond excited to take you along on this journey,” expressed Jason Momoa. “This project means more to me than a week of talking about sharks. It’s a chance for me to learn and share my connection to these amazing creatures. My love of sharks came long before my time as Aquaman – it began several generations before me.”
Over the course of Shark Week, fans can expect adrenaline-inducing original hours of sharks from new and continuously explored destinations, all captured on-camera by Discovery’s dedicated science and research field teams. Following Shark Week, audiences can see Momoa in Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, opening in cinemas from December 20.
Dive into Shark Week on Discovery Channel (Astro Ch 552) from August 7 to August 13 from 7.10pm.
- Jaws vs The Meg – Premieres Monday, August 7
- Tropic Jaws – Premieres Tuesday, August 8
- Air Jaws: Final Frontier – Premieres Wednesday, August 9
- Deadly Sharks of Paradise – Premieres Thursday, August 10
- Cocaine Sharks – Premieres Friday, August 11
- Shark Week: Off the Hook – Premieres Saturday, August 12
- Belly of the Beast: Feeding Frenzy – Premieres Sunday, August 13
(Images: Discovery Channel)