Viu has won 6 (six) Asian Academy Creative Awards for its Originals out of Indonesia and Malaysia with ‘The Publicist’, ‘Sunshine’, ‘Kenapa Harus Bule’ and ‘I am Woman’ receiving the highest honours.
Receiving top honours in the national qualification round were:
- Best Drama Series for “The Publicist”, Viu Indonesia
- Best Promo or Trailer for “The Publicist”, Viu Indonesia
- Best Theme Song for “Matahari” (“The Sun”) by Alyandra, for “Sunshine”, Viu Indonesia
- Best Actress in Supporting Role for Poppy Sovia for her role as Erika in “The Publicist”, Viu Indonesia
- Best Actor in Supporting Role, for Michael Kho in his role of Arik in “Kenapa Harus Bule?”, Viu Indonesia
- Best Branded Program for “I Am Woman”, Viu Malaysia
Since its launch in 2016, the channel has focused on creating content that resonates with millennials. Viu has created Originals in many local languages including Chinese, Hindi, Arabic, Tamil, Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Malay, Telegu and Arabic and is releasing 70 local originals in total in 2018 alone.
Viu’s approach to creating Originals has always been to work with local talent to tell local stories with international-quality production for a global audience. This has resonated with the more than 20 million monthly Viu’ers worldwide.
“The OTT category has evolved over the past few years to a stage where today on a global basis some of the best shows and talent are emerging from this category,” said Arun Prakash, President and COO of Vuclip.
“We are certainly focused in pioneering this content transformation in our markets of South East Asia, Middle East & Africa and India and are pleased to be recognized for the results. Millennials are responding well to our efforts and rallying to form a habit of regularly watching shows on Viu,” he added.
“The Publicist”, “Sunshine”, “Kenapa Harus Bule” and other Viu Originals can be viewed on viu.com.