iflix, the world’s leading entertainment service for emerging markets, has announced the upcoming launch of iflix 3.0. In a complete product evolution, the company moves away from the traditional Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD) model to introduce the first-of-its kind, mass market platform specifically created for over one billion consumers in emerging markets.
iflix 3.0 will introduce:
iflix FREE: a free tier with unique new features and content, allowing users to preview, explore and discover new content, including:
- Movie of the Day – a fresh, new movie, curated daily.
- Premium short-form content comprised of Originals, leading formats and programs from around the world, including:
- QYou, Complex Media and great Korean series, with more to come very soon;
- local programs from popular local content creators from around our regions;
- original iflix content and localized formats, including the incredibly popular series Hot Ones and many others;
- iflix snacks – new format designed specifically for the mobile-first audience.
All content will be produced and managed through the company’s recently announced short-form content studio, Studio2:15. The studio will produce an estimated 2,000 pieces of original short-form content by the end of the year, with 50 new pieces of content added to the site daily by June.
- Premium regional and international TV series, many of which will be available exclusively on iflix, including The Grand Prince, My First Love, Pororo, Tayo the Little Bus, and more.
- Promotional episodes and pilots from premium current and marquee TV series and films across key genres, including Dexter, Good Behaviour, Man vs Wild, Freakish, Expelled, Spongebob Squarepants and Korean smash-hit sensations Goblin, Descendants of the Sun, My Secret Romance, Legend of the Blue Sea, Bride of Habaek and many more.
- iflix Originals – exclusive, premium original local content, including:
- Some of iflix’s most popular and best performing series such as Indonesian teen romance, Magic Hour;
- Upcoming action-packed series, KL Gangster: Underworld, spun off from the cult favourite Malaysian movie franchise;
- Exit 49, an all-new horror movie starring the Philippines’ “Queen of Scream” Kris Aquino – slated for release later this year.
- Raw and raunchy stand-up comedies, Oi! Jaga Mulut, and Jon Atherton: Disoriental;
- Coconuts TV on iflix, a docu-series boldly exposing the underbelly of Asian subculture.
All content on iflix’s new free tier will be available to all users to enjoy, regardless of their subscription status. With over 5,000 assets available at launch, and on track for 10,000 on offer by year-end, iflix FREE offers users one of the largest libraries of curated, premium content, completely free of charge.
Live Hub featuring:
- Linear local free-to-air and pay TV channels across both free and paid tiers.
- Live premium sporting competitions and events including Football Malaysia, cricket, World Cup, Olympics coverage, NBA action and much more.
- Live premium events including local and regional concerts and competitions.
Advertising opportunities for premium brands through comprehensive 360 degree offerings with brand and product integration within original, local and regional content, premium video placements including pre-roll, native video content cards in app, as well as contextually targeted presenting partnerships.
Advertisers will now have the opportunity to engage with millions of users on iflix’s platform through unique, integrated, targeted, premium content and commercial partnerships.