Attention all documentary filmmakers – here’s your chance to pitch your idea to a panel of international broadcasters and funders for Crossing Borders.
Ever grew up watching programs on National Geographic and wished you could work with the channel one day? Are you one of many who thrive on uncovering and filming real life stories to share with the world and looking for ways to scale up in the industry? Well guess what – you may just be able to do so.
Crossing Borders is offering documentary professionals a chance to Guest Pitch at the Crossing Borders International Pitching Forum happening in Kuala Lumpur this 9 December 2017. The forum serves as a platform for selected documentary professionals to rub shoulders and pitch their project to local, regional and international broadcasters as well as seasoned funders from across the globe.
This year’s forum will be open to public where keen documentary filmmakers and curious onlookers can observe the pitches. More information about the forum will be announced come October.
Crossing Borders is looking for Malaysian documentary professionals from directors, producers and writers who have experience in their domestic market but strive to work in the international field.
• All types of factual media, especially television series, creative documentaries, multi-platform projects
• Genre films, e.g. history, science, arts, wildlife, natural history, environment or human interest
• Great stories that need additional development before being pitched internationally
• Stories and characters that can reach global audiences
To submit an application, kindly send the following documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com:
• a 2-page presentation of the documentary project
• a financing plan and estimated completion date for project
• director’s CV and/or producer’s CV
• a short profile of the production company (if applicable)
• a short self-presentation video stating your motivation to take part in the training
• a trailer and/or examples of previous work
The submission deadline is 5.00pm on Friday, 13 October 2017.
For updates and more information on Crossing Borders International Pitching Forum, follow MyDocs Facebook page.